Enquire to bring your dog or cat in the cabin or cargo hold, and other animals in the cargo hold. Book online by adding a comment that you wish to bring your pet, as well as weight and dimensions for an approved travel crate, in the field "Special requests" at the end of the booking process. We will apply for space for your pet and confirm by e-mail if it is OK. Tickets will not be issued until space for the pet is approved. If you book the flight less than 72 hours before departure, we will try to help as best we can, but unfortunately we can't guarantee that we can accommodate your needs on such short notice.
| Per crate
||Within Europe (Scandinavia and Tel Aviv included)
| Dog/cat in cabin
| Pet in cargo hold
*On SAS intercontinental routes pets in cabin are not allowed on Business-class.
- The fees are not included in your ticket and is paid in cash at the airport.
Important when travelling with pets
When travelling with a pet you are responsible for the following:
- Where necessary health certificate, entry and transfer documentation should always accompany the animal.
- A certificate for transportation of the pet is required. This does not apply to transportation within Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
Rules and regulations when travelling with a pet in cabin
- The animal must be odorless.
- A suitable, leak-proof container is required.
- Only one animal per container is permitted.
- Maximum size is L 40 x W 25 x H 20 cm and the weight of the pet and container should not exceed 8 kilos in total.
- Widerøe recommends a Sherpa Bag, small model. This is a softbag approved for both cat and dog on Widerøe flights.
- Each passenger may carry one container in which the animal must be kept for the entire flight. The container should be placed under the seat in front and additional hand-luggage is not permitted.
- Passengers traveling with pets in the the cabin can not be seated by the emergency exit.
Rules and regulations when sending a pet in cargo hold
- An appropriate case to ensure a safe and comfortable transportation is required.
- The case must be waterproof and an absorbent mat that is suitable for the pet, must lie at the bottom.
- Cases made of steel and wire mesh, - so-called Weld Mesh Containers are not permitted.
- The container must be of a size that allows the animal to stand normally with their head up, they need to be able to turn around in the container as well as lie down comfortably.
- Two animals up to 14 kilos each, and of the same size, are allowed in the same container as long as they are used to being together.
- Up to 3 animals from the same litter are allowed in the same container. The animals can not be more than 6 months old.
The following animals (amongst others) are not permitted on Widerøe flights: Mink, pine marten, otter, beaver, hare and weasel
If in doubt, contact your nearest airport for more information. The largest crate allowed on our flights are 91 x 64 x 69 cm (large). Due to small cargo holds on Widerøes airplanes, a maximum of two dogcrates medium size are accepted per flight. We recommend booking early in advance, especially during hunting season. We sell crates at Sandefjord airport Torp. In addition, crates are available at request at all airports.
||Measuremenths in cm (LxBxH)
| Cabin hard top
Pets to/from United Kingdom
You are allowed to bring pets from
United Kingdom, provided all necessary health certificates are arranged for. Norwegian customs responds strictly if certificates are not in place when arriving in Norway. See more about travelling with animals to/from Norway here: mattilsynet.no
Pets brought from the United Kingdom to Norway must be transported as cargo in cargo hold.
Seeing Eye dogs and Hearing Aid dogs are permitted in the cabin.
You are unfortunately not allowed to bring a pet to
Unaccompanied pets in cargo hold
If you would like to send a pet in cargo hold (unaccompanied) from the UK, please contact SAS Cargo.