We recommend that you check-in well in advance of departure. Please be aware that security regulations may cause queues at check-in and airport security. You need to have your booking reference available when checking in (it is not necessary to print your ticket).
Check in and baggage drop closes:
|From Scandinavia (Flex)
* Andenes, Berlevåg, Brønnøysund, Båtsfjord, Førde, Florø, Hammerfest,
Hasvik, Honningsvåg, Lakselv, Leknes, Mehamn, Mo i Rana, Mosjøen,
Namsos, Narvik, Røros, Rørvik, Røst, Sandane, Sandnessjøen, Sogndal, Svolvær,
Stokmarknes, Sørkjosen, Vadsø, Vardø, Ørsta/Volda.
** Alta, Bergen, Bodø, Harstad-Narvik(Evenes), Haugesund, Kirkenes, Kristiansand, Kristiansund, Molde, Sandefjord, Skien, Stavanger, Tromsø, Trondheim.
At the gate:
- Short haul; be present no later than 15 minutes before departure.
- All other airports; be present no later than 20 minutes before departure.
At Oslo Airport, Gardermoen we recommend that you check-in at least 1,5 hours prior to scheduled, international flights.
Online check-in - 22 hours before departure
Internet check-in is easy and effective. Through this service, you can select / change seat selection, register your EuroBonus number, cancel or print the confirmation of the check-in.
If you register your email address and mobile number when booking a trip, you will 22 hours before departure receive e-mail and SMS offering to check in via Internet or SMS / mobile.
Please note that you need to check-in with the first departing airline in your itinerary.
If your first flight is with Widerøe, please check-in at wideroe.no. If you first flight is with SAS, please check-in at sas.no
How online check-in works:
- You can check in online with Wideroe, SAS and Blue1 from 22 hours to at least 1 hour before departure and choose your seat (seat selection is only valid on flights where the seating position is possible).
- You can select a seat on board. The earlier you check in, the greater chance there is that you get the seat you want.
- If it is not possible to check in to your final destination, we recommend that you cancel the check-in. At the airport you check-in using our Self-Service Kiosks or ask for assistance at the Check-In Counter.
- You can register your EuroBonus points.
- You can register exact the information required when traveling to the United States and Britain.
- You can print your boarding card.
- If the ticket allowes change, you can change to another time of departure.
- You can check in maximum 6 persons in the same order. If you are more than 6 people, enter the booking reference again and check in an additional 6 people.
- Unfortunately, you can not use Internet check-in if you are a child who will be traveling alone, traveling with a wheelchair or with a dog or cat. When we ask you to contact our staff at the airport for personal assistance.
Valid on the following flights:
- On Widerøe, SAS and Blue1 and connecting with Star Alliance partners or Skyways, Estonian and Air Baltic.
- On Lufthansa, bmi British Midland International and LOT Polish Airlines when flying from Scandinavia and connecting with a Star Alliance carrier.
- On Austrian departing from Sweden and Norway and connecting with a Star Alliance carrier.
If your first flight is with carriers other than Widerøe, SAS and Blue1, online check-in is not possible even if your flight has an WF/SK/KF flight number.
Applies to the following destinations:
- Within Scandinavia and Finland
- From Scandinavia to Europe and worldwide
- To Scandinavia from the following destinations
Baggage to check in?
- Check-in online and check in your baggage at the airport.
- Pick up your baggage tags at the self-service kiosk (please note that self-service kiosks not are available on all airports) and attach them to your baggage. To get your baggage tags, you can use your credit, EuroBonus or TravelPass card or booking reference or by scanning the 2D bar code on your self-printed boarding pass. If you are travelling to the US, go directly to the baggage drop counter.
- Leave your baggage at the baggage drop counter. At some airports in Norway and Sweden, we offer self-service baggage drops.
- If there are two or more passengers on the same reservation and all have checked in, we recommend that you collect your baggage tags at the same time.
- If you are travelling without baggage, proceed directly to the gate (provided a boarding pass is not required for travel).
When do you need a printed or mobile boarding pass?
More information about boarding passes here
- When you are travelling with your booking reference
- When travelling in a group that has charged the trip on the same EuroBonus or credit card. Each passenger requires an personal boarding pass
- When the trip/return journey starts outside Scandinavia
- When the trip continues on another airline
- When traveling to the UK and other countries outside Schengen
Mobile check-in - 22 hours before departure
When you're on the go, the easiest way to check is via your mobile phone. You can check in with SMS, the mobile site m.wf.no or with our iPhone app.
How mobile check-in works
If you have e-mail and mobile phone numbers registered in your order we will send you e-mail and SMS from 22 hours before departure (but not between 10:00 p.m. to 7:00). Then you can check in immediately. If you answer "YES" to the message, you are checked in. You can also check in with our mobile site, m.wideroe.no or with our iPhone app (please notice that this service is only available in Norwegian). You are then able choose your seat (on flights seating is possible) and pick up your mobile boarding pass. How-to:
- Enter www.wideroe.no on your mobile phone.
- Enter the last name and booking reference or card number to enter in your order. Æ, Ø, Å must be recorded as AE, OE, AA.
- Check in and select seat, or confirm seat if you have a flexible ticket and pre-reserved seat.
- You can get your boarding pass sent directly to your mobile.
How mobile boarding passes work
Your mobile phone must have access to mobile Internet in order to access your mobile boarding pass. Your mobile boarding pass may include up to 4 flight segments. The flight segments must be booked on the same reservation.
Read more about mobile boarding pass
Self-service kiosks - at the airport
Self-service kiosks at the airport are conveniently located and offer a fast and efficient way to check in. They can be used with and without check-in baggage. Follow screen instructions.
Please notice that self service kiosks are not available at all our airports.
Check in with baggage:
- When you arrive at the airport, go to the self-service kiosks located in the departure hall. At some airports in Norway, we offer self-service baggage drops.
- Insert your card or type in your booking reference.
- If you have already checked in, you will be asked to register the number of pieces of baggage you want to check in. If you have not checked in prior to arriving at the airport, you will be asked to do so before registering the number of bags. You are able to check in up to nine pieces of baggage per person.
- The self-service kiosk will print baggage tags for you. Take the baggage tags, remove the claim tag and keep it as a receipt.
- Attach the baggage tags to your baggage and leave it in the counter marked baggage drop. You will be asked to show your ID and boarding card (if applicable) when dropping off your baggage.
Check in via counter - at the airport
If you travel in Business, Economy Extra or if you are a EuroBonus Gold & Silver member / Star Gold member we have designated check-in counters available at the airport.
More about check in via counter
Travelling in Economy you check in via self Service kiosks at the airport (where available), via the internet or via mobile phone. If you travel in Business, Economy Extra or are EuroBonus Gold or Silver member, you can also check into our manual counters at the airport.
Please contact the staff at the airport for personal assistance in the following cases, where you can not check in via the internet or via self-service kiosks:
- You are a child traveling alone
- You travel with your dog or cat