- All passengers, 2 years and above, can bring one hand luggage within the measurements 55x40x20cm and maximum 8 kilos.
- Passengeres are allowed a limited amount of liquids in their hand luggage. Read more here: Avinor-Luggage
- Valuable assets (eg. passports, laptop, tablet, money, medicine, jewelry, cameras, musical instruments, keys, etc.) should be carried in hand luggage.
- On some routes you can deliver your hand luggage at the aircraft when boarding.(Delivery at Aircraft)
Delivery at Aircraft
To ensure faster boarding, less queues and a more comfortable journey you can deliver you hand luggage at the aircraft when boarding. At arrival the luggage is returned to you at the aircraft. Please contact our staff at the gate if you wish to use this service and they will assist you. You will receive a luggage tag, please remember to keep the receipt. This service is available on all international flights and most flights south of Trondheim.
- All passengers can bring at least one checked baggage free of charge when travelling with Widerøe (domestic and international).
- If you travel with additional baggage or your baggage is too heavy/big, you pay a set fee per baggage.
- You can book online and pay at Bag Drop the airport.
- Please note that other airlines might have different baggage rules.
||Number of baggage/weight
|| 1 baggage x 23 kilos
|| max 158 cm per baggage
|| 2 baggage x 23 kilos
|| max 158 cm per baggage
|Infant (0-2 years)
|| 1 baggage x 23 kilos
+ 1 pram
| max 115 cm per baggage
EuroBonus Silver are always entitled to one extra bag free of charge, EuroBonus Gold and Diamond and Star Alliance Gold are entitled two extra bags free of charge.
Charges excess baggage
- Baggage is measured in height + width + depth in centimeters.
- Maximum kilos per baggage is 32 kilos. If one piece is in excess of 32 kilos you need to repack or send as cargo.
- You are allowed maximum 4 additional baggage. If you have more baggage you may send it as cargo.
|One additional baggage
||Max 23 kilos and max 158 cm.
Max 4 additional baggage.
|Larger baggage (between 159 - 277 cm)
|| Max 23 kilos
| 24 - 28 kilos
| 29 - 32 kilos
|| 24 - 28 kilos, max 158 cm
| 29 - 32 kilos, max 158 cm
Children (below 2 years of age) are always allowed to bring a pram as checked baggage, free of charge. If the child is above 2 years, the pram is considered one piece of baggage. Check in your pram with your other baggage and drop it off at the counter labelled special baggage. The pram must be collapsable and no other items may be sent with the pram. You do not need to register the pram in your booking.
The pram should be packed to avoide damage to it self or other baggage in the loading compartment. Special plastic bags designed to protect strollers are available at the airport for purchase.
To protect the baby carriage there are 2 products made for this purpose on the market; PramPack and Airshells. Both of them are recommended and approved by Widerøe. PramPack can be purchased at several airports in Norway and in several stores that sell equipment for children. For more information; www.prampack.no. Airshells can be rented at Oslo Airport, Gardermoen. For more information, see www.airshells.com.
Baby car seat
The baby car seat is considered one baggage and can be sent as checked luggage. If you want to bring the car seat onboard, book a children ticket for your child. More about travelling with children.
The Baggage Calculator is a tool to calculate the price for extra luggage and special baggage. It is for illustrative purposes only and might be subject to price changes and errors.
You can bring different types of baggage when you travel with us. If the number of baggage and/or weight (including any special luggage) exceeds the allowance for your ticket class, you pay an excess.
Widerøes aircrafts has limited cargo capacity and thus, any special baggage more than 23 kg and 1.40 cm will always be on standby (apart from skies). They may not be accepted on the same flight as yourself, but will be sent on the next plane with available cargo capacity.
Avalanche rescue bag
- We accept one bag containing one cylinder of compressed gas per person as either hand luggage or checked baggage
- The backpack must be packed in such a manner that it cannot be accidentally activated. The airbags within the backpacks must be fitted with pressure relief valves.
- We will however not accept these packs as freight, as they are considered dangerous goods.
- Please add a comment in the field for special requests that you bring "avalanche rescue bag" as either carry-on or checked baggage.
- Musical instruments exceeding maximum hand luggage measurements (55cmx40cmx20cm) has to be sent as checked baggage and be packed in a hard case suited for transport.
- Instruments exceeding standard sizes for checked baggage is eligible for an excess, see prices and baggage allowance above.
- You are also allowed to bring the instrument onboard provided you pay for the seat and that the instrument is maximum 75 kilos. You need to be able to strap the seat belt around the instrument and it can't be higher than the seatback, examples are cello and guitar.
- All fishing rods must be sent as checked baggage due to security. The fishing rods must be sent in a cordual (hard case).
- Allowed fishing equipment is one box of fishings
- Allowed angeling equipment are; one bait box, angler bag or basket and the number of rods that fit in a box/tube (cordural tube).
- Payment is calculated per tube/bag according to size(length) and/or weight.
You need to pay excess for sporting equipment exceeding the baggage allowance for your ticket class. See table above.
Bicycles are allowed on Widerøes flights, but are always on standby because of their size. Please make the following preparations when sending a bicycle:
- The pedals needs to be removed (or fixed inwards).
- Handelbars must be fixed sideways (turned horizontally with the frame).
- Parts that can damage other cargo needs to be covered.
- We recommend deflating the tyres to reduce risk of damage.
You are allowed one bag containing: skis, ski poles and snowboard with a maximum weight of 12 kilos, and one ski boot bag containing one (1) pair of ski boots and one (1) helmet -> total combined weight of maximum 23 kilos.
Skiing and snowboarding equipment must be sent in a bag suitable for transport. You may purchase special plastic bags for this purpose at the airport. You do not need to register the skiing equipment in your booking.
One set of golfing equipment consist of one golf bag including 14 clubs, 12 golf balls and one pair of golf shoes
Hunting and sporting weapons
Hunting and sporting weapons are allowed as checked baggage. Precautions when travelling with hunting and sporting weapons:
- The firearm/ammunition should be decleared for inspection when checking in, and unloaded.
- The bolt/fire mechanism shall always be removed from the firearm and transported separately (if possible the firearm should be dismantled)
- Ammunition: The total weight of ammunition (including shell) must not exceed the allowance of 5 kg (11lbs) per passenger and must be securely boxed in original packaging (prevents movement between shells or cartridges - loose ammunition is not permitted). Sharing weight allowance between passengers is not possible.
Charges special baggage
- If baggage allowance is exceeded, you pay a flat fee regardless of size for bicycles, skiing and golfing equipment (maximum 23 kg).
- If your hunting/sporting weapon exceeds your baggage allowance you pay special baggage fees per the table below.
- If your special baggage exceeds maximum weight of 23 kg, regular overweight baggage rate apply (see tables "Charges excess baggage..." (depending on what type of ticket you have).
- Special baggage exceeding 32 kg and cannot be separated (bicycles, diving equipment etc), has a maximum weight of 45 kilos - see table below for rates between 33 kg - 45 kg.
||Weight and measurements
| Bicycle, fishing rods, skiing and golfing equipment
|| max 23 kilos
| Hunting/sporting weapons
|| max 23 kilos
| Special (incl. weapon)
| 24-32 kilos, max 158 cm
| 24-32 kilos, 159-277 cm
| 33-45 kilos, max 158 cm
| 33-45 kilos, 159-277 cm
Please notice that fees mentioned in table above is per direction (for return trips x2).
Journeys starting with another airline
If your journey starts with another airline, other baggage rules may apply. Click here for baggage rules for journeys starting with SAS.