Cancellation protection in the event of acute illness is highly recommended and could come in handy when you least expect it. Remember, illness is nothing you can plan ahead, and it may strike you, one of your travel companions or someone in your closest family. This is why we now offer our users the opportunity to purchase a cancellation protection in the event of acute illness. The policy must be purchased at the same time as the tickets and the extra charge will be debited your provided credit card.
Cancellation must be be done before flight departure for the policy to be valid. Use the cancellation link in your receipt email. We are available by e-mail 24h. Please make sure that you get your cancellation confirmed by us.
Claim for reimbursement of travel due to illness or death
If a passenger has the need to cancel a reservation due to acute illness the following terms apply:
- Cancellation must be done prior to departure. Please use the cancellation link in your receipt email. We are available by e-mail 24h. Please make sure that you get your cancellation confirmed by us.
- Policy fulfillment can only be claimed in the event of acute illness or death of policy holder or closest family (spouse/registered partner, children of spouse or partner, brothers and sisters, parents or grand parents, grandchildren, father/mother-in-law, brothers/sisters-in-law, sons/daughters-in-law) resident within EU/EØS, or travel companion within the same reservation where both travelers are holding a cancelling protection.
- Pregnancy or birth is not covered by the cancellation protection
- Medical certificate or certificate of death must be provided in addition to a valid account number for policy credit. Medical certificate must be datet before departure or latest 3 days after the trip should have started, and it must be confirmed that the travel can not be done.
- No refund for partly used tickets
- Policy claim must be forwarded to: Widerøe Internet AS, Strandgata 15, 8658 Mosjøen, at the latest one week after cancellation. Travel documents in addition to medical certificate or certificate of death must be enclosed.
- The individual share charge per person is NOK200. Additional charges including service fee, cancellation protection fee will not be refunded, only the airfare specified in the travel documents.
- The refund process is guided by the refund rules and regulations within Widerøe Airline